Saturday, August 2, 2008

A look back at Friday, look ahead to Sunday

All-new episodes of Monk and Psych aired on the USA network Friday night. I really enjoyed "Mr. Monk Gets Lotto Fever." When the SF Lotto girl is murdered, Monk is asked to investigate. Monk's assistant Natalee becomes the new Lotto girl after the producer spots her while they are going over the crime scene. Natalee's new job distracts her from her job assisting Monk, and tension ensues. The plot twists from here on out were very good, and I will not go into it too much in case you are hoping to catch it on a rerun. Conversely, Friday's Psych episode had a very predictable storyline that I felt was uncreative and boring. It seemed very obvious to me that Dutch's son was El Diablo, and the fact that Dutch was trying to kill himself seemed pretty clear to me when Gus and Shawn learned that he had pancreatic cancer. It hurts me to give a bad review, because I do like the series on the whole. I guess every show is bound to have a few bad episodes.

What's On Sunday?
This Sunday night brings a fantastic selection of new programming. My top pick is the second episode of the new season of Mad Men on AMC at 10/9c, but there are also new episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent and Design Star.

No comments:

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter