Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Boys season finale at special time

If you've been reading my blog, you have probably already heard a little bit about TBS's original sitcom My Boys. I must add the disclaimer that I do have a soft spot for My Boys because my uncle works for the show. That said, the main character is a beautiful woman who happens to be a sportswriter for my favorite team, the Chicago Cubs. With that in mind, I'd probably watch the show whether my uncle was involved in it or not. The show revolves around the personal life of P.J. Franklin, played by Jordana Spiro, and her circle of mostly male friends (hence the name My Boys). In the recent story arch, P.J. had a crush on Bobby, but he got engaged, complicating the matter. On last week's show, the gang flew out to California for Bobby's wedding. P.J. had recently fallen for Bobby's brother Jack, who is sort of a bad boy version of Bobby. When Jack and Bobby got into a huge fight, Jack, who was supposed to be Bobby's best man, flew back to New York. Now, in tonight's season finale, the wedding must go on and P.J. and the guys rally around Bobby to make sure he is OK. As you can see, the last few episodes have been a little soap opera-y. I feel I enjoyed the show much better when it was more like a stand-alone episode sitcom. With that thrown out there, I still feel the cast does a very good job and that this is worth watching. I guess what I'm trying to say is that My Boys is a good, but not great show.

What's On?
The second season finale of My Boys is tonight on TBS at a special time, 10/9c.

No comments:

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter